(8th century Arabian myth)
Woman of High Resolve
Sword-slinging Arabian heroine who stars as the heroine of an extremely long and entertaining epic tale.
Cut Content: her many adventures in more detail
The book glosses over it, but some of Dhat al-Himma’s later adventures:
- She regularly fought warrior princesses, defeating them in battle, and if they were cool enough, married them off to her son.
- She fought a warrior named Hadlamus, who temporarily got the best of her and hefted her up on his shoulder. She squeezed his head so tight that blood started spilling out his ears, hit him so hard it knocked teeth loose, and then hefted him up on her shoulder.
- She regularly dressed up like a Turk, a Slav, or Christian priest to sneak into forts and defeat her enemies. Often she showed up out of nowhere to save the day, rescuing al-Wahhab, Battal, and various caliphs and other prisoners from captivity.
- Her archnemesis was the Muslim judge Uqba, who was a secret Christian trying to bring down the caliphate from the inside1 Which echoes peculiarly with all the hoary “Obama is a secret muslim” conspiracy theories.. She routinely nearly killed him, but he always escaped at the last minute.
- She was regularly wounded, captured, tortured, left to starve, and then would get up and leads armies of 70,000+ men against those who wronged her.
|↑1||Which echoes peculiarly with all the hoary “Obama is a secret muslim” conspiracy theories.|
This entry is only available in the Rejected Princesses book!Click here for more info on getting the book!
(if you want. I don't want to tell you how to run your life.)
Already own the book? Unlock free bonus content!If you own the book, you get access to over 5,000 images of concept art, reference imagery, and alternate version illustrations, as well as over 1,000 man-hours of timelapse footage -- all you need to do is click here!
If you were a Patreon backer,
you'd be seeing some cool stuff right here.
(if you've bought one of the books, you get a month free of behind-the-scenes access - get that started here!)